Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes provided the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are given.
- The metadata must not be re-used in any medium for commercial purposes without formal permission.
Data Policy for full-text and other full data items
- Access to some or all full items is controlled.
- Copies of full items generally can be:
- reproduced, displayed or performed, and given to third parties in any format or medium
- for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge.
- the authors, title and full bibliographic details are given
- a hyperlink and/or URL are given for the original metadata page
- the content is not changed in any way
- Full items must not be harvested by robots except transiently for full-text indexing or citation analysis
- Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
Content Policy for types of document & data set held
- This is an institutional or departmental repository.
- Subject Specialities:
- Technology General
- Computers and IT
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radioelectronics Repository holds all types of materials.
- Deposited items may include published versions (publisher-created files)
- Items are individually tagged with:
- their version type and date.
- their peer-review status.
- their publication status.
- Principal Languages: English; Russian
Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- Items may only be deposited by accredited members, academic staff, and employees of the organisation, or their delegated agents.
- Authors may only submit their own work for archiving.
- The administrator only vets items for the eligibility of authors/depositors, relevance to the scope of Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radioelectronics Repository, valid layout & format, and the exclusion of spam
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is the sole responsibility of the depositor.
- Items can be deposited at any time, but will not be made publicly visible until any publishers' or funders' embargo period has expired.
- Any copyright violations are entirely the responsibility of the authors/depositors.
- If Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radioelectronics Repository receives proof of copyright violation, the relevant item will be removed immediately.
- Items will be retained indefinitely.
- Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radioelectronics Repository will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- Items will be migrated to new file formats where necessary.
- Where possible, software emulations will be provided to access un-migrated formats.
- It may not be possible to guarantee the readability of some unusual file formats.
- Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radioelectronics Repository regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
- The original bit stream is retained for all items, in addition to any upgraded formats.
- Items may be removed at the request of the author/copyright holder.
- Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
- Journal publishers' rules
- Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
- Legal requirements and proven violations
- National Security
- Falsified research
- Withdrawn items are deleted entirely from the database.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are retained indefinitely.
- The metadata of withdrawn items will not be searchable.
- Errata and corrigenda lists may be included with the original record if required.
- If necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
- The earlier version may be withdrawn from public view.
- In the event of Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radioelectronics Repository being closed down, the database will be transferred to another appropriate archive.